Instructions for SafeSchools Online Safety Training for 2020-21
Much of the training that we’re required to complete this year is available online for all staff. Follow these simple steps below to complete your safety training requirements:
How to log on to the online training program:
- Using your web browser, go to the web page http://logancs.wv.safeschools.com (No “www” is necessary and it’s the same site we have used the past two years).
2. To access your assigned training, enter your username, which follows the following format: Employee ID# EXAMPLE: 945001234
3. Select any course by simply clicking on the name of the course. The courses have audio so turn up your speakers if you wish to hear the narration. Complete all the training scenarios and the assessment to receive completion credit for the course. You will have the option to print out a Certification of Completion once you complete the course.
If you have any questions or problems with the site, please contact:
Lisa Teeters at email@example.com / 304-792-2062 or
Teresa Dingess at firstname.lastname@example.org / 304-792-2050
Required Courses for 2020-2021 School Year
Each Professional and Service Logan County employee will be asked to complete 7 hours of on-line Professional Development by January 15, 2021.
Professional and Service employees who have completed the assigned courses will not report to work on June 10, 2021. Those who have not completed the courses will report to a designated location on June 10, 2021 to complete them.
Courses will be available beginning July 25, 2020 so that employees may work on or complete courses before the school year begins if they so desire.
THE FOLLOWING NINE COURSES MUST BE COMPLETED BY AUGUST 24, 2020:
- FERPA (14 minutes)
- Homeless Students: Awareness & Understanding (26 minutes)
- Coronavirus Awareness (8 minutes)
- Coronavirus: CDC Guidelines for Making & Using Cloth Face Coverings (9 minutes)
- Coronavirus: CDC Reopening Your Organization (8 minutes)
- Coronavirus: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Workplace (10 minutes)
- Coronavirus: Managing Stress and Anxiety (12 minutes)
- Coronavirus: Preparing Your Household (9 minutes)
Coronavirus: Transitioning to a Remote Workforce (11 minutes)